When people are involved in or affected by a project, Change Management is the key ingredient in making that project successful.
And yet the critical importance of Change Management, and the effective application of change tools and techniques, remain largely ignored or misunderstood.
As a result, most projects continue to fail, wasting hundreds of millions of dollars every year.
In this book, veteran change practitioner Kevin Rohan shows you what it takes to make projects successful, with methodologies that have been proven time and again in the real world, all over the world. You’ll learn how to:
- Develop Change Management competency within your own organization (and why that’s critical)
- Avoid the pitfalls that lead to costly project failure
- Acquire the knowledge and tools to manage projects successfully
- Lead change or support your leaders in leading change
- Understand the emotional journey people take during a change
- Engage and work with consultants wisely and more cost-effectively
This book is the first in a series. The next will address how to use each of the tools in the Change Manager’s tool set.